I will not go through 4 paths: it’s a fantastic sponge, if not the best.
At least for the Roll! It is an ultra-soft biscuit with a very special texture, in principle it is so soft and pleasant that when I do a rolled with, I do not add texture that could “hide” I remain in simple textures to be Sure to feel that spécific texture! Its inconvenience and you can’s realize it without silpat, or you can but it will not be as beautiful, as you could see in the video when I take off the silpat, it is just superb 😉
Recipe (school Bellouet):
- 50 g Milk
- 35 g Butter
- Vanilla extract
- 45 g plain flour
- 35g egg + 45 g egg yolk
- 80 g egg white
- 40 g sugar
- Boil milk, butter and vanilla. In parallel start to gently whipe egg white and sugar.
- Add the flour in the liquid, mix well.
- Then add the eggs in 3 – 4 time, mix very well in beetween each, very important.
- Add in the egg mixture 1/3 of your whipe white egg ( they should be ready by now )
- Mix well then add again 1/3, mix well and add the rest.
- Spread over a “silpat” if you wich a very good looking texture.
- Bake at 180 ° 5 to 8 min in a ventilated oven according to the thickness of the biscuit and the power of your oven.
- Let cooldown the sponge, place a sheet of baking paper, turn and remove the silpat. Admire 🙂
Photo of a roll for work, biscuit cooked on large plate and fairly fine. Philadelphia and Kumquat.
This one is made at home, thicker, it doesn’t loook as good, my tray was too small =(
Try this sponge and give me your feedback, I have the impressure that you will love it so much !