This is part of the base technique of pastry. The Almond cream allow your shortbread to be more protected from humidity of the futur garnish, it bring also some moist texture if is not over baked.
- 100 g almond ground
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g butter
- 100 g egg
- 1 lemon zest
- With the Paddle, work the butter, almond and sugar together
- Add egg one per one.
- Leave it to whipe 10 min
- Garnish what ever need to be
- Cook at 170° for 15 min for a normal base tart.
note*: the cooking depend a lot how much of cream you add and the thickness. If it’s very thick, reduce the oven temperature cooking to 150 – 160° and cook longer. To make sur the cream is bake, use the knive, it must be dry.
Variation and possiblility:
- Feel free to add any spice in your almond cream, any zest, anis, cinamon, you can also pipe the cream and add some fresh fruit and bake.
- You can also make it with hazelnut powder ( in that case we will call it hazelnut cream ! 😉 ) If you wish to make it with coconut, use 60g of gratted coconut and 40 g of almond ground
- Combine this cream with pastry curd ( 50/50 ) to make a mix that French people use for the ” frangipane ” it’s traditionnal “galette” that we sell all along january
That’s it for the almond cream, very usefull base for anyone ! See you next time =D