The Breton Shortbread is incredibly good, probably becose of the high quantity of butter that make is very “friable” and a very spécial texture. The good thing about the sablée breton, it’s pretty fast and easy to make, it’s very good by itself as a snack or as a tarte base too. I will suggeste you to eat it fresh from the day.
- 50 g egg yolks
- 125 g sugar
- 125 g soft butter
- 3.5 g salt
- 175 g flour
- 17 g chemical baking
- Step into the mixer with the palette, the yolks and the sugar
- Add dry ingredients and soft butter
- Stop mixing when it’s homogeneous
- Film the dough on contact and reserve at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- Roll out to the desired thickness, in the video it is about 1cm thick
- Bake at 170 ° until you get a nice golden color (start monitoring the oven after 12 min of cooking) 🙂
For a pie: the same day
For snack: 2 good week in a tightly closed box
- Prefer to freeze the dough into ready-to-cook and cook on demand rather than keep them 2 weeks, fresh is the best!
- Do not put salt if you prefer to use salted butter
- You can flavor the dough with some zest of lemon for example or vanilla. (Rather used if you opt for a pie)
Here is a small example of pie I made at home with a Breton shortbread base!
I hope you will like as I like, feel free to share your feeling about that recipe !
Cheers team 🙂